Frequently asked questions
What is the Future Directions Paper?
The Future Directions Paper (FDP) was designed to start a conversation about revising the Plan of Management 2030 (the Plan). It outlines key principles to consider in planning the future of the Parklands.
Your feedback and suggestions on the FDP have helped shape the draft Plan 2030 and the Parklands’ future.
The Plan 2020 is the current document which was originally prepared in 2010/2011. In 2018 the current plan will be replaced by the Plan 2030.
What is the Plan of Management 2020?
The Plan of Management 2020 (the Plan) provides a strategic management framework for the Parklands and assists the Trust in determining actions and priorities over the coming years. The Plan sets out how the entire Parklands should be planned, developed and managed into the future.
The Plan is being reviewed to ensure consistency with the current vision, principles and initiatives of the Western Sydney Parklands Trust. The Western Sydney Parklands Act 2006 requires a Plan of Management be prepared for all public land within the boundary of the Parklands.
Why does the Plan of Management need to be reviewed?
Under the Western Sydney Parklands Act 2006, Western Sydney Parklands Trust has to review the Plan of Management (the Plan) every seven years to ensure consistency with the current vision, principles and initiatives of the Western Sydney Parklands Trust. The revised Plan is required to be submitted to the Honourable Gabrielle Upton, Minister for Environment and Heritage for endorsement.
When will consultation on the Plan of Management 2030 (Draft) take place?
Consultation will take place in March and April 2018.
Download the draft Plan of Management 2030 (the Plan) for more information.
This is your opportunity to be involved in shaping this next step in the long-term plan for the Parklands.
We encourage you to tell us what you think of the proposed principles and objectives within the draft Plan, and your other ideas and opinions on the future of the Parklands.
Your comments and ideas on the draft document will be used to prepare the final Plan 2030.
When will the Plan of Management 2030 be finalised?
When consultation is complete, the final Plan of Management (2030) will be sent to the Minister for Environment and Heritage for endorsement in mid-2018.
What consultation has taken place to date?
We have consulted with Parklands park users, the community and stakeholders to get feedback and suggestions on the Future Directions Paper (FDP).
Consultation for the FDP was undertaken between August and September 2017 and included:
- Stakeholder Focus Group Workshops with government agencies and local businesses. The stakeholder workshops were designed to receive feedback on the potential benefits/opportunities, and identify potential issues and gaps in the FDP.
- Community Information Stalls were held at Parklands Food Fest and popular locations in the Parklands including Lizard Log, Bungarribee Park, Plough and Harrow and at Liverpool Westfield. Our project team spoke with park users of all age groups and cultural backgrounds to collect a broad range of views.
- 2,000 postcards to our neighbours in the Blacktown, Fairfield, Liverpool, Penrith and Cumberland local government areas, to encourage participation.
- Newspaper Advertisements: Participants were notified via advertisements in local newspapers such as the Blacktown Advocate; Liverpool Leader; Fairfield Advance; The Future (Arabic Newspaper); Australian Chinese Daily; and Dan Viet Newspaper.
- Online forms and surveys: Submissions were made through the Trust’s website and social media channels for the duration of the consultation period.
What has happened to date?
- The Western Sydney Parklands Act 2006 established the Western Sydney Parklands Trust as a self-funded agency in 2006.
- The Parklands Plan of Management 2020 was adopted 2011.
- The Parklands Plan of Management 2020 Supplement was adopted 2014.
- Review of the Parklands Plan of Management 2020 commenced in 2017.
- Consultation on the Future Directions Paper is complete.
- The Plan of Management 2030 is currently being drafted.
- Consultation on the Plan of Management 2030 (Draft) will take place in March and April 2018.
How can I provide my feedback and make comment?
You can have your say in a number of ways:
- Complete our online feedback form
- Email the project team at email@example.com
- Call us on 1800 029 478; or
- Attend one of our community events noted below.
Come to one of our community events where you can chat with the project team and share your views on the draft Plan 2030.
Friday 23 March 2018
10am - 4pm
Macquarie Street Mall
(Opposite Club Liverpool)
Saturday 24 March 2018
10am - 4pm
Fairfield Markets (Fairfield Showground)
443 Smithfield Road, Prairiewood.
Sunday 8 April 2018
10am - 4pm
Intersection of Doonside and Holbeche Roads, Bungarribee.
Corner of Cowpasture Road and The
Horsley Drive, Abbotsbury.
What happens with feedback provided?
The project team will review all feedback. Your feedback and suggestions will help shape the Plan of Management 2030 (the Plan) and the Parklands’ future.
Once the draft Plan 2030 has been developed we will consult with the community on the actions and projects outlined in the Plan.
Your feedback will then be used to finalise the Plan 2030 before it is submitted to the Minister for Environment and Heritage for endorsement.
When does consultation close?
Consultation on the Future Directions Paper has closed. You now have an opportunity to have your say on the Plan of Management 2030 (Draft) until Monday 9 April 2018.
How can I contact the project team?
We encourage you to stay in contact by
- Emailing your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Giving us a call on 1800 029 478