Future Directions Paper Consultation
Western Sydney Parklands is a place for people of all backgrounds to meet, celebrate, learn, play and appreciate the environment. The Parklands will be a venue for communities to create and manage a sustainable legacy for generations to come.
Future Directions Consultation
Western Sydney Parklands is Sydney’s biggest backyard and we want you to help shape its future. Throughout August 2017, there will be a number of opportunities for you to have a say, both in person and online.
What is the Project About?
The Western Sydney Parklands Act 2006 requires that a Plan of Management be prepared for all public land within the boundary of the Parklands.
The Plan of Management 2020, which we developed in 2011, is now up for review. We want you to be involved to help shape this next step in implementing the long term Parklands vision.
As part of the review we have developed a Future Directions Paper to prompt a discussion about the future of the Western Sydney Parklands. Your feedback and suggestions on the Future Directions Paper will ultimately shape the Plan of Management 2030 and the Parklands’ future.
What’s happened to date?
• The Western Sydney Parklands Act 2006 established the Western Sydney Parklands Trust as a self-funded agency in 2006.
• The Parklands Plan of Management 2020 was adopted in 2011.
• Parklands Plan of Management 2020 Supplement was adopted in 2014.
• Review of Parklands Plan of Management 2020 commenced in 2017.
• Consultation on the revised Plan of Management in the second half of 2017, commencing with the Future Directions Plan.
How can you have your say?
Community consultation forms an integral part of the future management and development of the Parklands.
Over 2000 people have shared their everyday experiences, stories and aspirations which have shaped the long-term plan and the Future Directions Paper. We want to keep the conversation going.
You can have your say in a number of ways:
• Using our Feedback Form
• Email the project team: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Stakeholder workshops: invitations will be sent to stakeholders, or if you would like to participate email or give the team a call.
• Community information drop in sessions: talk to the team at a drop-in session, find out more information and provide feedback.
• Give us a call on 1800 029 478.
Consultation on the Future Directions Paper closes on 18 September 2017.
Come along to one of our community engagement events where you can chat with the project team and share
your views on the Future Directions Paper.
Date: Saturday 9 September
Time: 10am -4pm
Parklands Food Fest (Lizard Log Amphitheatre): Corner of Cowpasture Road and The Horsley Drive, Abbotsbury.
Bungarribee Park: Intersection of Doonside and Holbeche Roads, Bungarribee.
Date: Sunday 10 September
Time: 9am – 2pm
Lizard Log: Corner of Cowpasture Road and The Horsley Drive, Abbotsbury.
Plough and Harrow: Entrance corner of Elizabeth Drive and Windsor Road, Abbotsbury.
Date: Saturday 16 September 2017
Time: 10am - 4pm
Westfield Liverpool (Level 1 – outside Coles), Northumberland Street and Elizabeth Drive, Liverpool.
What happens with feedback provided?
The project team will review all feedback provided. Your feedback and suggestions will shape the draft Plan of Management 2030.
Once the Draft Plan of Management 2030 has been developed we will again consult with the community on the actions and projects.
We will use the feedback on the draft Plan of Management 2030 to finalise the Plan of Management and submit it to the Minister for endorsement.
Have a question or want to get in touch?
We encourage you to stay in contact:
• Email us your question email@example.com
• Give us a call on 1800 029 478
For further information see our Frequently Asked Questions page.